Cooldown this summer with these Simple Summer Recipes. Top Trendy Summer Recipes -from summer salads to the ultimate cocktail to quench your thirst, these summer recipes will have you wanting summer to never end!
Kimichi Melon Gazpacho
This one is on point with the trends and truly unique.
400 grams tomatoes (chopped)
400 grams melon (seeds removed and flesh chopped)
1 cup kimchi (extra for serving)
½ cup salted roasted cashews
1 medium cucumber (chopped)
1 tablespoon Himalayan salt
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Scallions and sesame seed oil for serving
- Add tomatoes, melon, cashews, kimchi, cucumber, salt into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and add the vinegar.
- Chill in the fridge between 1 to 8 hours
- Just before serving season to taste and serve with chopped cucumber, scallions, and a drizzle of sesame oil.
Burrata Tomato and Peach Salad
Peach is still all the rage in the culinary world. Its versatility between sweet and savory has it being one of the top trendy ingredients. Adding a grilled peach into a salad is a fun way of mixing flavors and textures. Try this peachy salad!
One ball of Burrata
1 handful halved cherry tomatoes
2 peaches sliced
1 bunch fresh basil
Olive oil (high quality is better)
Sea salt (a chunky sea salt adds a burst of flavor and texture)
- Lightly grill sliced peaches until there is a light char. (For added flavor brush the peaches with thyme and basil olive oil)
- Place Burrata on plate first
- Surround the Barrata with chopped tomatoes and grilled peaches
- Add the fresh basil and drizzle olive oil over the salad
- Add salt to taste
Spicy Grapefruit Margarita
Quench your thirst with this spicy, sweet, and downright delicious summer cocktail!
140ml grapefruit freshly-squeezed (very important that it is fresh)
80mls lime juice freshly squeezed
3 teaspoons syrup
3 jalapenos sliced
- Put jalapenos and tequila in drink shaker (let it sit for 20mins)
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker and mix with ice
- Prepare your glasses with a lime and salt rim. Add jalapeno and grapefruit for garnish and enjoy!
The article was written by Christine Fay Smith
“Christine is a freelance lifestyle writer. She focuses on interior and hospitality design. Graduating with a Bachelor of Fine Arts, Christine has embraced her knowledge of the visual world. She mixes this with passion for culture and the exploration of visual experiences.”She enjoys keeping up with the latest culinary trends